Attentive Parenting® Program
For parents with children ages 2-6 years.
The Attentive Parenting® program is a 6-8 session group-based “universal” parenting program. It can be offered to ALL parents to promote their children’s emotional regulation, social competence, problem solving, reading and school readiness. This is not a program for children with significant behavior or developmental problems or family mental health difficulties, although it may be used as a supplement to the Basic program or for follow up booster sessions.
See our tips for playing DVDs
- Attentive child-directed play promotes positive relationships and children’s confidence
- Attentive academic and persistence coaching promote children’s language and school readiness
- Attentive emotion coaching strengthens children’s emotional literacy and empathy
- Attentive social coaching promotes children’s cooperative friendships
- Attentive, imaginative parenting promotes children’s emotional regulation skills
- Attentive, creative play promotes children’s problem solving and empathy
For more details, please see the program Content & Objectives:Attentive Parenting Content and Objectives
View the Attentive Parenting® Poster
- 6 DVD set; shown in 6-8 sessions.
- Comprehensive Leader’s Manual, including parents’ weekly “Attentive Parenting® Tips” (brief points to remember from program) and home activities
- Wally Detective Books (set of 4)
- Incredible Toddlers: A Guide and Journal of Your Toddler’s Discoveries book
- The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 3-8 Years (3rd Edition) book
- Attentive Parenting® Poster
- Set of 6 stickers
- Refrigerator Magnet
Supplemental materials support and enhance the programs and may be purchased separately.
- Incredible Parents Conversation Card Game
- Piggybank Poster
- Incredible Years® Stickers (“You are incredible!” “I am an incredible parent!”)
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
Up Front Costs
Attentive Parenting® Program: $1,105.00 (Purchase)
Group Leader Training: Contact us if you are interested in attending training for this program. See Workshop Information.
Books for parents
The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 3-8 Years (3rd Edition) – cover price $24.95 ($23.50 per copy if purchasing 10-99 copies)
Incredible Toddlers: A Guide and Journal of Your Toddler’s Discoveries: $18.95 per copy (if purchasing between 2-99 copies)
Venue for leading groups
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years® Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $210/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details and information on pricing.