Incredible Beginnings® Program
For group leaders of child care providers and/or teachers working with children ages 1-5 years.
The Incredible Beginnings® program is a program for leaders of teachers and child care providers of children ages 1-5 years old. In this program, preschool teachers and early child care providers are meeting together to discuss and share ways to provide an environment that supports children’s optimal early development (ages 1-5 years). Teaching methods discussed include using social and emotion coaching, nurturing child-directed play interactions using narrated descriptive commenting, proactive teaching with predictable routines and consistent positive behavior management strategies. All of these approaches rely on building positive relationships with children using sensitive and responsive approaches. Incredible Beginnings® Program is run similarly to Teacher Classroom Management Program, in 6 Full-Day Workshops.
See our tips for playing DVDs
The Incredible Beginnings® Program is implemented over 6 full-day workshops, and covers the following topics:
- Building Positive Relationships with Toddlers and Managing Separation Anxiety
- Promoting Language Development in Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Social Coaching with Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Emotion Coaching with Toddlers and Preschoolers
- The Proactive Teacher
- Positive Behavior Management
The full Incredible Beginnings® program set (pictured above) includes:
- Comprehensive Leader’s Manual for Incredible Beginnings Program
- Supplemental Manual: “Teachers Promoting Social & Emotional Development in Young Children”
- DVD set (11 discs). See our tips for playing DVDs
- Teaching Pyramid for Toddlers and Preschoolers Magnet
- Calm Down Thermometer Poster
- Incredible Teachers Book
- Teaching Pyramid for Toddlers and Preschoolers Poster
- “Show Me Five” Poster
- Classroom Rules Cards (laminated set of 7)
View the Supplemental materials section to learn more about support items that enhance the programs. All Supplemental Materials can be purchased separately.
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
UP FRONT COSTS
Incredible Beginnings® Program: $1,760.00 Purchasing Information
Group Leader Training: $690 for 3-day training in Seattle OR host your own onsite training. See Workshop Information.
Book for teachers
Incredible Teachers: Nurturing Children’s Social, Emotional, and Academic Competence: $27.95 per copy (if purchasing between 2-99 copies)
Venue for leading groups
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $210/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details and information on pricing.