Helping Preschool Children with Autism
For parents and teachers of children ages 2-5 years.
This new 6 session program can be offered to both Teachers and Parents working with preschool children on the Autism Spectrum. The goal of the program is to promote children’s emotional regulation, positive social interactions, language development, and school readiness. This program can be used as a stand alone, or it can be used as a supplement to either Teacher Classroom Management Program OR the Parent Autism Program. Contact us for more information about this program!
See our tips for playing DVDs
- Language Development
- Social Interactions and School Readiness
- Emotional Literacy and Self-Regulation
- 3 DVD set; shown in 6 sessions.
- Comprehensive Leader Manual, including “Spotlighting Tips” (brief points to remember from program) and weekly practice activities
- Incredible Toddlers: A Guide and Journal of Your Toddler’s Discoveries book
- The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 3-8 Years book
- Incredible Teachers: Nurturing Children’s Social, Emotional and Academic Competence book
- Tiny Turtle Puppet
- Attention Spotlight Magnet
- Attention Spotlight Poster
- Calm Down Thermometer Poster
- Small Laminated Self-Regulation cue cards on key ring
Supplemental materials support and enhance the programs and may be purchased separately.
- Feeling Face Cards (Laminated full page set or small laminated cards on key rings)
- Piggybank Poster
- Incredible Years® Teacher Program Stickers
- Calm Down Thermometer Poster
- Pig Timer
- Set of 4 Wally Problem Solving Books
- Experts in Action For Group Leaders using Autism Programs
These videos on 2 DVDs (3 hours 18 minutes) show program developer Dr. Carolyn Webster-Stratton delivering the Incredible Years Workshop (2018) for training group leaders in the IY Parenting Program for Children on the Autism Spectrum or with Language Delays and in the Helping Preschool Children with Autism: Teachers and Parents as Partners Program. In these DVDs you will see Dr. Webster-Stratton “in role” as group leader, modeling how to train parents and teachers to deliver these programs. She shows how group leaders can mediate the video vignettes with parents and teachers participating in these programs, and how to set up practice role-plays.
This program will be useful for group leaders, Mentors and Trainers who are leading the IY Parent or Teacher Autism programs. In addition to IY group leaders receiving the 3-day Autism training led by accredited IY Mentors, these DVDs can be used as a self-study tool to support IY group leaders in their delivery of the programs. This program can also be used by group leaders of the Basic Parent and Incredible Beginnings Programs to enhance their program delivery.
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
Up Front Costs
Helping Preschool Children with Autism: Teachers and Parents as Partners Program: $1000.00 (Purchase)
Group Leader Training: Contact us if you are interested in attending training for this program
Books for parents & teachers
The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 3-8 Years (3rd Edition) – cover price $24.95 ($23.50 per copy if purchasing 10-99 copies)
Incredible Toddlers: A Guide and Journal of Your Toddler’s Discoveries: $18.95 per copy (if purchasing between 2-99 copies)
Incredible Teachers: Nurturing Children’s Social, Emotional, and Academic Competence: $27.95 per copy (if purchasing between 2-99 copies)
Venue for leading groups
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years® Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $210/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details.
Watch the program preview!