Toddler Basic Program
For parents with toddlers ages 1 to 3 years.Order this program set!
Language Versions: English, Danish, Spanish
In the Parents and Toddlers Basic Program, parents learn how to:
- Help their toddlers feel loved and secure
- Encourage their toddler’s language, social, and emotional development.
- Establish clear and predictable routines.
- Handle separations and reunions
- Use positive discipline to manage misbehavior.
The parenting group format fosters peer support networks and shared learning. Trained Incredible Years® facilitators use video clips of real-life situational vignettes to support the training and stimulate parenting group discussions and problem solving practices.
- Part 1 – Child-Directed Play Promotes Positive Relationships
- Part 2 – Promoting Toddler’s Language with Child-Directed Coaching
- Part 3 – Social and Emotion Coaching
- Part 4 – The Art of Praise and Encouragement
- Part 5 – Spontaneous Incentives for Toddlers
- Part 6 – Handling Separations and Reunions
- Part 7 – Positive Discipline-Effective Limit Setting
- Part 8 – Positive Discipline-Handling Misbehavior
For more details, please see the program Content & Objectives:
View the Toddler Pyramid Poster
- 6 DVD set: Parts 1-8 shown in 12-13 weekly 2-hour group sessions
- Comprehensive Leader’s Manual
- Home activities for Toddlers Series
- Incredible Toddlers: A Guide and Journal of Your Toddler’s Discoveries book
- Toddlers Parenting Pyramid Poster
- Piggy Bank Refrigerator Magnet
Supplemental materials support and enhance the program; they may be purchased separately:
- Parent Stickers
- Tool Kit Poster
- Piggybank Poster
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
Up Front Costs
Toddler Program: $950 (Purchase)
Group Leader Training: $575 for 3-day training in Seattle OR host your own onsite training. See Workshop Information. Toddler program is covered in the 3-day Basic Parent Group Leader Training (for ages 2-8).
Books for parents
Incredible Toddlers: A Guide and Journal of Your Toddler’s Discoveries: $18.95 per copy (if purchasing between 2-99 copies)
Venue for leading groups
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years® Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $175/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details and information on pricing.
Once Group Leaders are certified, they are eligible for training as an Incredible Years® Peer Coach to support to new group leaders as well as teachers. Coaching for teachers involves classroom observations and individual teacher and coach meetings. See Incredible Years Peer Coach Certification for more details.
Incredible Years® Toddler Program Preview
Incredible Toddlers Part 2, Vignette 3 (Clip)
Incredible Toddlers Part 1, Vignette 6 (Clip)
Incredible Toddlers Part 1, Vignette 5 (Clip)
Incredible Toddlers Part 1, Vignette 2 (Clip)
The Parents and Babies Program can be purchased as a combination program with the Toddlers Program (“Baby & Toddler Parenting Program”).
Program Cost: $1,485.00, $1,785.00 for English + Spanish
The content is the exact same for both separate programs, but is combined into one leader’s manual (the first section is Baby, second section is Toddler) and one DVD set (discs 1-3 are Baby, discs 4-9 are Toddler).