Parents and Babies Program
For parents with babies ages birth to 12 months.
In the Parents and Babies Program, parents learn how to:
- Help their babies feel loved, safe, and secure.
- Encourage their babies’ physical and language development.
The parenting group format fosters peer support networks and shared learning. Trained Incredible Years® facilitators use video clips of real-life situations to support the training and stimulate group discussions. Parents practice skills with their babies in the group.
Language Versions: English, Danish, Spanish
Watch our Parents and Babies Program Preview!
- Part 1 – Getting to Know Your Baby (0-3 months)
- Part 2 – Babies as Intelligent Learners (3-6 months)
- Part 3 – Providing Physical, Tactile and Visual Stimulation
- Part 4 – Parents Learning to Read Babies’ Minds
- Part 5 – Gaining Support
- Part 6 – Babies’ Emerging Sense of Self (6-12 months)
For more details, please see the program Content & Objectives:Parents and Babies Program Content and Objectives
View the Baby Building Blocks Poster
***Now Available!*** Baby Parenting program in USB format (English only). If you’re purchasing a new curriculum set you have the option to choose either the DVD or USB format.
Benefits of using Flash Drives versus DVD technology:
If you already own the program you have an option, for a limited time, to upgrade your DVD set to the USB format. We just ask that the original DVD set be returned to IY along with an upgrade fee of $200.
Parents and Babies Curriculum Set includes:
- 3 DVD set –or- 1 USB Flash Drive
- Babies Program: Parts 1-6 shown in 9-12 weekly 2-hour group sessions
- Comprehensive Leader’s Manual, including parents’ home activities for Babies Series
- Incredible Babies: A Guide and Journal of Your Baby’s First Year book
- My Incredible Baby: Journal of My Baby’s First Year in My Family book
- Baby Building Blocks Poster
- Brain Development Refrigerator Magnet
- Baby Brain Neurons Posters (set of 3)
Supplemental materials support and enhance the programs and may be purchased separately.
Experts in Action: Parents and Babies Program
The “Experts in Action: Parents and Babies Program” shows certified leaders conducting live parent groups using the Incredible Years® Babies Curriculum. These videos of live sessions are an excellent way to build your skills. Group leaders and clinicians who have received the initial training workshop for the Baby Parenting Program will find this an invaluable resource for furthering their group leadership skills. These DVDs can also be used for self-study, or viewed with other group leaders and used as a trigger for discussion of group leadership skills. See more information on Experts in Action.
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
Up Front Costs
Parents and Babies Program: $825.00 (Purchase)
Group Leader Training: $460 for 2-day training in Seattle OR host your own onsite training. See Workshop Information.
Books for parents
Incredible Babies: A Guide and Journal of Your Baby’s First Year: $17.95 (if purchasing between 2-99 copies)
Venue for leading groups
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years® Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $210/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details and information on pricing.
Incredible Babies Part 1, Vignette 1 (Clip)
Incredible Babies Part 1, Vignette 12 (Clip)
Incredible Babies Part 2, Vignette 1 (Clip)
Incredible Babies Part 2, Vignette 3 (Clip)
Incredible Babies Part 3, Vignette 16 (Clip)
Incredible Babies Part 6, Vignette 1 (Clip)
Incredible Babies Puppet Vignette, Using Puppets with Baby (Clip)
Parent Experiences with Incredible Years® Baby Group Part 1 – Allie & Donna (Clip)
Parent Experiences with Incredible Years® Baby Group Part 2 – Ron (Clip)
Parent Experiences with Incredible Years® Baby Group Part 3 – Lisa (Clip)
The Parents and Babies Program can be purchased as a combination program with the Toddlers Program (“Baby & Toddler Parenting Program”).
Program Cost: $1,560.00
$1,875.00 for English + Spanish language combo
The content is the exact same for both separate programs, but is combined into one leader’s manual (the first section is Baby, second section is Toddler) and one DVD set (discs 1-3 are Baby, discs 4-9 are Toddler).
- 9 DVD set
- Leader’s Manual, including parent home activities for Baby and Toddler Series
- Incredible Toddlers Book
- Incredible Babies Book
- My Incredible Baby: Journal of My Baby’s First Year in My Family
- Babies Building Blocks Poster
- Toddler Parenting Pyramid Poster
- Baby Neurons Posters (set of 3)
- Baby Brain Development Magnet
- Piggy Bank Refrigerator Magnet