Parents and Babies Program
For parents with babies ages birth to 12 months.Order this program set!
Language Versions: English, Danish, Spanish
In the Parents and Babies Program, parents learn how to:
- Help their babies feel loved, safe, and secure.
- Encourage their babies’ physical and language development.
The parenting group format fosters peer support networks and shared learning. Trained Incredible Years® facilitators use video clips of real-life situations to support the training and stimulate group discussions. Parents practice skills with their babies in the group.
- Part 1 – Getting to Know Your Baby (0-3 months)
- Part 2 – Babies as Intelligent Learners (3-6 months)
- Part 3 – Providing Physical, Tactile and Visual Stimulation
- Part 4 – Parents Learning to Read Babies’ Minds
- Part 5 – Gaining Support
- Part 6 – Babies’ Emerging Sense of Self (6-12 months)
For more details, please see the program Content & Objectives:Parents and Babies Program Content and Objectives
View the Baby Building Blocks Poster
- 3 DVD set
- Babies Program: Parts 1-6 (3 DVDs) shown in 8-10 weekly 2-hour group sessions
- Comprehensive Leader’s Manual
- Home Activities for Babies Series
- Incredible Babies: A Guide and Journal of Your Baby’s First Year book
- My Incredible Baby: Journal of My Baby’s First Year in My Family book
- Baby Building Blocks Poster
- Brain Development Refrigerator Magnet
Supplemental materials support and enhance the programs and may be purchased separately.
- Baby Brain Poster
- Baby Program Stickers
- “Helping Parents Promote Babies’ Development During Well-Baby Visits” Program (can be used as a supplement or a stand alone program)
The “Experts in Action: Parents and Babies Program” shows certified leaders conducting live parent groups using the Incredible Years® Babies Curriculum. See more information.
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
Up Front Costs
Parents and Babies Program: $750.00 (Purchase)
Group Leader Training: $425 for 2-day training in Seattle OR host your own onsite training. See Workshop Information.
Books for parents
Incredible Babies: A Guide and Journal of Your Baby’s First Year: $17.95 (if purchasing between 2-99 copies)
Venue for leading groups
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years® Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $175/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details and information on pricing.
Once Group Leaders are certified, they are eligible for training as an Incredible Years® Peer Coach to support to new group leaders as well as teachers. Coaching for teachers involves classroom observations and individual teacher and coach meetings. See Incredible Years Peer Coach Certification for more details.
Incredible Babies Part 1, Vignette 1 (Clip)
Incredible Babies Part 2, Vignette 1 (Clip)
Incredible Babies Part 2, Vignette 3 (Clip)
Incredible Babies Part 6, Vignette 1 (Clip)
Incredible Babies Part 1, Vignette 12 (Clip)
Incredible Babies Part 3, Vignette 16 (Clip)
The Parents and Babies Program can be purchased as a combination program with the Toddlers Program (“Baby & Toddler Parenting Program”).
Program Cost: $1,395.00, $1695.00 for English + Spanish
The content is the exact same for both separate programs, but is combined into one leader’s manual (the first section is Baby, second section is Toddler) and one DVD set (discs 1-3 are Baby, discs 4-9 are Toddler).