Autism Spectrum & Language Delays
For parents with children ages 2-5 years.
This 14–16 session program is offered to parents of young children (aged 2-5) on the Autism spectrum or with language delays in order to promote children’s emotional regulation, social competence, language skills, school readiness, and relationships with others.
Because many group leaders delivering the Toddler or Preschool Basic programs often have several parents in their group with children on the spectrum or with language delays, some of these vignettes can be easily used to replace or supplement several of the Toddler or Preschool Basic program vignettes.Order this program set!
See our tips for playing DVDs
- Child-Directed Narrated Play Promotes Positive Relationships
- Pre-Academic and Persistence Coaching Promotes Language Development
and School Readiness
- Social Coaching Promotes Friendship Skills
- Emotion Coaching Promotes Emotional Literacy
- Pretend Play Promotes Empathy and Social Skills
- Promoting Children’s Self-Regulation Skills
- Using Praise and Rewards to Motivate Children
- Limit Setting and Behavior Management
The Autism Spectrum and Language Delays program set includes:
- 8 DVD set; shown in 14-16 sessions.
- Comprehensive Leader Manual, including parent weekly “Spotlight Parenting Tips” (brief points to remember from program) and home activities
- Incredible Toddlers: A Guide and Journal of Your Toddler’s Discoveries book
- The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 3-8 Years (3rd Edition) book
- Tiny Turtle Puppet
- Attention Spotlight Magnet
- Attention Spotlight Poster
- Small Laminated Feeling Face cards on key ring
- Autism Program Pyramid Poster
- Toddler Brain Development Neuron Poster
Supplemental program materials support and enhance the programs; these may be purchased separately.
- Incredible Parents® Conversation Card Game
- Piggybank Poster
- Incredible Years® Stickers (“You are incredible!” “I am an incredible parent!”)
- Calm Down Thermometer Poster
- Pig Timer
- Set of 4 Wally Problem Solving Books
Experts in Action: Autism Programs
These videos on 2 DVDs (3 hours 18 minutes) show program developer Dr. Carolyn Webster-Stratton training group leaders in the IY Parenting Program for Children on the Autism Spectrum or with Language Delays and in the IY Program for Parents and Teachers as Partners who work with children on the Autism Spectrum. In these DVDs you will see Dr. Webster-Stratton “in role” as group leader, modeling how to work with parents and teachers in these programs. She shows how group leaders can mediate the video vignettes with parents and teachers participating in these program, and how to set up practice role-plays. This program will be useful for group leaders, Mentors and Trainers who are leading the IY Parent or Teacher Autism programs. In addition to IY group leaders receiving the 3-day Autism training led by accredited IY Mentors, these DVDs can be used as a self-study tool to support IY group leaders in their delivery of the programs. See more information on Experts in Action: Autism Programs
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
Up Front Costs
Autism Spectrum and Language Delays Program: $1000.00 (Purchase)
Group Leader Training: $690 for 3-day training in Seattle OR host your own onsite training. See Workshop Information.
Books for parents
The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 3-8 Years (3rd Edition) – cover price $24.95 ($23.50 per copy if purchasing 10-99 copies)
Incredible Toddlers: A Guide and Journal of Your Toddler’s Discoveries: $18.95 per copy (if purchasing between 2-99 copies)
Venue for leading groups
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years® Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $210/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details.
Watch this short summary of the program!
View the video below for parent reflections about how the Incredible Years® parent program is effective for parents with children on the Autism Spectrum and/or with language delays.
To view a longer, more comprehensive version of the video above on our YouTube channel, click here.
View the video below for testimonials from parents in New Zealand who have completed the Incredible Years® ASD program