Autism Spectrum & Language Delays
For parents with children ages 2-5 years.Order this program set!
This 12–16 session program is offered to parents of young children (aged 2-5) on the Autism spectrum or with language delays in order to promote children’s emotional regulation, social competence, language skills, school readiness, and relationships with others.
Because many group leaders delivering the Toddler or Preschool Basic programs often have several parents in their group with children on the spectrum or with language delays, some of these vignettes can be easily used to replace or supplement several of the Toddler or Preschool Basic program vignettes.
Group leaders delivering this program should have received the 3-day Basic Parent Group Leader Training and have experience delivering the Basic Parent program. It is also recommended to take the 2-day supplemental “Autism Spectrum and Language Delays” training designed specifically for this program.
- Child-Directed Narrated Play Promotes Positive Relationships
- Pre-Academic and Persistence Coaching Promotes Language Development
and School Readiness
- Social Coaching Promotes Friendship Skills
- Emotion Coaching Promotes Emotional Literacy
- Pretend Play Promotes Empathy and Social Skills
- Promoting Children’s Self-Regulation Skills
- Using Praise and Rewards to Motivate Children
- Limit Setting and Behavior Management
- 8 DVD set; shown in 11-16 sessions
- Comprehensive Leader Manual
- Parent weekly “Spotlight Parenting Tips” (brief points to remember from program)
- Home Activities
- Incredible Toddlers: A Guide and Journal of Your Toddler’s Discoveries book
- The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 2-8 Years book
- Tiny Turtle Puppet
- Attention Spotlight Magnet
- Attention Spotlight Poster (not pictured)
- Small Laminated Feeling Face cards on key ring
Supplemental materials support and enhance the programs and may be purchased separately.
- Incredible Parents® Conversation Card Game
- Piggybank Poster
- Incredible Years® Stickers (“You are incredible!” “I am an incredible parent!”)
- Calm Down Thermometer Poster
- Pig Timer
- Set of 4 Wally Problem Solving Books
- Audio Book: The Incredible Years: A guide for parents of children ages 2-8 years old
- Experts in Action: Parent Groups Program
- Experts in Action: Cross-Cultural Parent Groups Program
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
Up Front Costs
Autism Spectrum and Language Delays Program: $950.00 (Purchase)
Group Leader Training: Contact us if you are interested in attending training for this program
Books for parents
The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 2-8 Years: $17.95 per copy (if purchasing between 2-99 copies)
Incredible Toddlers: A Guide and Journal of Your Toddler’s Discoveries: $18.95 per copy (if purchasing between 2-99 copies)
Venue for leading groups
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years® Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $175/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details.
Once Group Leaders are certified, they are eligible for training as an Incredible Years® Peer Coach to support to new group leaders as well as teachers. Coaching for teachers involves classroom observations and individual teacher and coach meetings. See Incredible Years Peer Coach Certification for more details.
Watch this short summary of the program!
View the video below for parent reflections about how the Incredible Years® parent program is effective for parents with children on the Autism Spectrum and/or with language delays.
To view a longer, more comprehensive version of the video above on our YouTube channel, click here.