Attentive Parenting® Program
For parents with children ages 2-6 years.Order this program set!
The Attentive Parenting® program is a 6-8 session group-based “universal” parenting program. It can be offered to ALL parents to promote their children’s emotional regulation, social competence, problem solving, reading and school readiness. This is not a program for children with significant behavior or developmental problems or family mental health difficulties, although it may be used as a supplement to the Basic program or for follow up booster sessions.
- Attentive child-directed play promotes positive relationships and children’s confidence
- Attentive academic and persistence coaching promote children’s language and school readiness
- Attentive emotion coaching strengthens children’s emotional literacy and empathy
- Attentive social coaching promotes children’s cooperative friendships
- Attentive, imaginative parenting promotes children’s emotional regulation skills
- Attentive, creative play promotes children’s problem solving and empathy
For more details, please see the program Content & Objectives:Attentive Parenting Content and Objectives
View the Attentive Parenting® Poster
- 6 DVD set; shown in 6-8 sessions
- Comprehensive Leader Manual
- Parent weekly “Attentive Parenting® Tips” (brief points to remember from program)
- Home Activities
- Wally Detective Books (set of 4)
- Incredible Toddlers: A Guide and Journal of Your Toddler’s Discoveries book
- The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 2-8 Years book
- Attentive Parenting® Poster
- Set of 6 stickers
- Refrigerator Magnet
Supplemental materials support and enhance the programs and may be purchased separately.
- Incredible Parents Conversation Card Game
- Piggybank Poster
- Incredible Years® Stickers (“You are incredible!” “I am an incredible parent!”)
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
Up Front Costs
Attentive Parenting® Program: $1,050.00 (Purchase)
Group Leader Training: $550 for 3-day training in Seattle OR host your own onsite training. See Workshop Information.
Books for parents
The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 2-8 Years: $17.95 per copy (if purchasing between 2-99 copies)
Incredible Toddlers: A Guide and Journal of Your Toddler’s Discoveries: $18.95 per copy (if purchasing between 2-99 copies)
Venue for leading groups
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years® Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $175/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details and information on pricing.
Once Group Leaders are certified, they are eligible for training as an Incredible Years® Peer Coach to support to new group leaders as well as teachers. Coaching for teachers involves classroom observations and individual teacher and coach meetings. See Incredible Years Peer Coach Certification for more details.