For parents with children ages 4-12 years.Order this program set!
The Advanced Program builds on the Preschool and School Age Basic Programs by focusing on parents’ interpersonal issues such as effective communication and problem solving skills, anger and depression management, and ways to give and get support.
- Program 5 – How to Communicate Effectively with Adults and Children
- Program 6 – Problem Solving for Parents-Adults
- Program 7 – Teaching Children to Problem Solve
For more details, please see the program Content & Objectives:Advance Program Content and Objectives
View the Advanced Program Building Relationships Pyramid
- 7 DVD set (5.5 total hours) shown in 9-11 weekly two-hour group sessions
- Comprehensive leader’s manual, including parent weekly “refrigerator notes” (reminders for the week) and parent take-home assignments for home activities
- Book: The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 3 – 8 Years (3rd Edition)
- Piggy Bank magnet
- Pyramid for Building Relationships poster
Supplemental materials support and enhance the program; they may be purchased separately:
- Incredible Parents Conversation Card Game
- Wally’s Detective Books (set of four)
- Incredible Years Stickers
- Build Up Your Bank Account Piggy Bank Poster
- Invest Positive Time Pig Timer
- Audio Book: The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 2-8 Years
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
Up Front Costs
Advanced Program: $1,050.00 (Purchase)
Group Leader Training: $440 for a 2-day Advance Parent Group Leader training in Seattle. Please note that group leaders may only attend Advance Training after attending the 3-day Basic Parent Group Leader training. OR host your own onsite training. See Workshop Information.
Books for parents
The Incredible Years: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children Aged 3-8 Years (3rd Edition). Cover price $24.95 ($22.50 per copy if purchasing 10-99 copies)
Venue for leading groups
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $200/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details and information on pricing.
Once Group Leaders are certified, they are eligible for training as an Incredible Years Peer Coach to support to new group leaders as well as teachers. Coaching for teachers involves classroom observations and individual teacher and coach meetings. See Incredible Years Peer Coach Certification for more details.