Experts in Action
Group leaders/clinicians/teachers who have received the initial training workshop for the Small Group Dinosaur Treatment or the Classroom Dinosaur Prevention Programs will find these ‘Experts in Action’ DVD’s an invaluable resource for furthering their group leadership skills. These DVD’s can be used for self-study or viewed with other group leaders and used as a trigger for discussion of group leadership skills.Click here to download the order form
Experts in Action: Dina Dinosaur (Small Group Therapy) Sessions
These 7 DVD videos (over 8 hours) show certified therapists (Dr. Webster-Stratton and Dr. Reid) conducting actual small group child treatment groups using the Dina Dinosaur Social, Emotional and Problem Solving Program. These videos show examples of group leaders conducting each of the 7 programs including: Rules, School Behavior, Feelings Literacy, Problem Solving Steps, Anger Management, Friendship Skills and Terminating the Sessions. The children in the groups range in age from 4-8 years and have a variety of problems including Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, Social Withdrawal, and Developmental Delays.
A leader’s guide includes questions to think about in regard to the group leader’s skills as well as Dr. Webster-Stratton’s interpretation of the collaborative leadership skills being used by leaders with the children.
These sessions illustrate how to work with groups of children with a variety of problems and how to make the small group activities and practice exercise developmentally appropriate. In addition, group leaders demonstrate effective group management strategies such as praise, incentive systems, distractions, redirections, use of differential attention and ignore for targeted negative behaviors, Time Out for aggression, and logical consequences. Behavior plans are developed for each child in the group.
Experts in Action: How to Implement Dina Classroom Curriculum Preschool/Kindergarten Version
This 4 DVD video set (3 hours) is to be used as a helpful self-learning module to help teachers learn how to implement the Dinosaur Curriculum lesson plans in the classroom with their students. It illustrates how to implement the program using the four steps — planning, presenting (in circle time), practicing (in small groups) and promoting (throughout the day).
A leader’s guide is focused on anger management and feelings, plus sample lessons:
- Strategies to Promote Problem-Solving and Anger Management, Part 1: Presenting and Practicing
- Strategies to Promote Problem-Solving and Anger Management, Part 2: Promoting
- Strategies to Promote Social Skills: A typical day
- Sample Year One Lessons: Problem Solving and Anger Management
Experts in Action: How to Implement Dina Classroom Curriculum Primary Grades Version
This set of 8 DVD videos (6 hours) offer how-to, plus sample sessions and a leader’s guide. These videos can be used for self-study or viewed with other group leaders and used as a trigger for discussion of group leadership skills. Focused on social skills and problem solving:
- Part one: Understanding and Detecting Feelings
- Part two: Dina Dinosaur Teaches how to do your Best in School
- Part three: Detective Wally Teaches Problem Solving Steps
- Part four: Tiny Turtle Teaches Anger Management
- Part five: Molly Manners Teaches how to be Friendly
- Sample Year one lessons: Problem Solving and Anger Management;
- Sample Year two lessons: Problem Solving Part 1; Problem Solving Part 2; Friendship