Small Group Dinosaur Curriculum
For preschool, kindergarten, and primary school children ages 4-8 years with behavior problems.
The Small Group Dinosaur treatment curriculum is for counselors, therapists, or special education teachers to treat children with conduct problems, ADHD, and internalizing problems. It is delivered in 2-hour weekly small group sessions (6 children per group) for 18-22 weeks. Ideally it is offered in conjunction with the 2-hour weekly parenting program group sessions so parents have an opportunity to foster their children’s learning in Dinosaur School in their interactions with them at home.
The Incredible Years is pleased to now offer our Small Group Dina and Classroom Dina programs in USB format! If you’re purchasing a new curriculum set you will have the option to choose either the DVD or USB format.
If you already own the program you have an option, for a limited time, to upgrade your DVD set to the USB format. We just ask that the original DVD set be returned to IY along with an upgrade fee of $200.
Benefits of using Flash Drives versus DVD technology:
Order this program set!
- Apatosaurus: Making New Friends & Learning School Rules
- Iguanodon: How to be Successful in School (Listening, Quiet Hands Up, Concentrating, Checking and Cooperating)
- Triceratops: Detecting and Understanding Feelings
- Stegosaurus: Wally Teaches Problem Solving Steps (Identifying Problems and Solutions, Finding More Solutions, Thinking of Consequences)
- Tyrannosaurus Rex: Wally Teaches Problem Solving Steps (Controlling Anger and Problem Solving)
- Allosaurus: Molly Manners Teaches How to be Friendly (Helping, Sharing, Teamwork at School and at Home)
- Brachiosaurus: Molly Explains How to Talk with Friends (Tell, Listen, Ask)
For more details, please see the program Content & Objectives:Content and Objectives of the Dina Dinosaur Curriculum
- 3 DVD Set (4 hours)
- Comprehensive Therapist Manual
- Dinosaur Home Activities Manual
- Wally’s Detective Books for Solving Problems (set of 4)
- Wally’s Feeling Wheel Posters (2 types)
- Calm Down Thermometer Poster
- Wally’s Detective Kit Box (47 laminated and colored cue cards for teaching social skills, anger management and problem solving concepts)
- Stickers (6 rolls: “Ask me how I shared,” “I can stop my anger,” “I’m good at listening,” “I can solve problems,” “I worked hard today,” & “I’m good at helping”)
- Feeling Faces Card set
- Reward Bracelets set
- Dina Magnet
- Incredible Teachers Book
Puppets sold separately. Supplemental materials and puppets support and enhance the curriculum and program delivery and may be purchased separately. View the Supplemental Materials.
Please see basic cost information provided below. This is meant to give a general overview of upfront and ongoing costs. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more particular questions regarding program & book discounts, training costs, etc.
Up Front Costs
Small Group Dinosaur Curriculum: $1,445.00 Purchasing Information
Group Leader Training: $690 for 3-day training in Seattle OR host your own onsite training. See Workshop Information.
Books for parents
Incredible Teachers: Nurturing Children’s Social, Emotional, and Academic Competence: $29.95
Venue for leading groups
Supplies for Small Group Activity time
Be sure to plan for ongoing consultation by phone or in person for new group leaders. Consultation is conducted by certified Incredible Years Mentors and Trainers. This early support and feedback ensures the parenting groups are delivered with fidelity and are successful. Consultation Fee: $210/hour
Group Leaders are encouraged to apply for certification/accreditation, which promotes fidelity to the program by ensuring optimal outcomes. See Certification section for more details and information on pricing.
Note: The following vignette clips are taken from the “Experts in Action: Dina Dinosaur (Small Group Therapy) Sessions.” These clips show Carolyn Webster-Stratton (program developer) and Jamila Reid (Certified Incredible Years Trainer) leading Small Group Dinosaur child groups. These are not clips that would necessarily be shown to the children during a session, rather, they are meant to provide you with an idea of the content that is covered. Each clip is labeled by topic. See more information about this Experts in Action program.